View Profile SI-7

All 22 Game Reviews

9 w/ Responses

Fun at first, but the latter end of the difficulty curve, when you start drowning in items, becomes far too easy.

paulfromsmite responds:

"The Castle" is supposed to be the intro level, the next ones will probably be harder.

Short, hitboxes were a bit wonky, jumping could definitely be smoother, trajectory needs fixing. That said, the art and music set the atmosphere wonderfully, and the level design was great. A bit of fixing issues and making more levels, and this could go from good to amazing.

OurLittleStudio responds:

Thank you for playing our game! We will keep your suggestions in mind.

Desperately needs checkpoints or the ability to shoot paint instead of having it fly our randomly when you move/die.

Well, I'd say that this game succeeded on what it set out to do, and wonderfully at that. Would be great if you turned this into a full-fledged game.

The difficulty ramp is so slow that it's barely noticeable, and the colors don't change pretty often, usually when you fall through multiple layers at a time. It's so easy at first that it's boring, until the randomized layers make you go back and forth across the screen 4+ times consecutively. Case in point, I played one round of it and made it to 1730. That said, it's a nice, simple concept, with lots of interesting ways you could build upon it, and the background changing color to match what color you are was a nice touch.

So, from what I found: time limit is pretty realistic unless you're going for the coins, and some of them are more forgiving of mistakes than others. The difficulty skyrockets at 3-4 and 3-5 though, and I was unable to get past 3-5.

Interesting and pretty game. A bit boring, primarily due to shortness, but has much potential.

I'm not sure about others, but I've not been able to get past wave 38 of survival mode.

Your game has a solid concept, and a lot of fun levels. I expect that the control scheme works well in fullscreen too. But having it zoom out around the edges of the window is awful, especially with the touchy controls. It also gets much, much worse in Exception 1, when you're zoomed out, so everything's even touchier, and it still zooms out just as much as before. And you're on a time limit.

The controls feel pretty clunky, the AI feels minimal, and the music is constantly clipping, or it is for me at least. Still, not too bad for being made in two days.

orange08 responds:

The controls might feel smoother if they were not grid-locked, I agree. I'll keep this in mind for expansions. Does the music clip every few seconds? Or does it clip every minute or so(like when it is starting over)?
Thanks for the feedback!

The storytelling is pretty damn good, and the music really sets the atmosphere. The graphics feel a bit lacking, and the movement feels really minimal, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly because of the limitations of Bitsy.

Nirag responds:

Thank you!
Yeah, both the movement and the graphics are typical of Bitsy.

I make what could be vaguely considered music.

Sitting behind you