Heart of the mountain Heart of the mountain

The sounds are well-designed, your sidechaining is nice, and the progression is excellent. I do kind of wish you'd used a few more different kinds of bass though. With the current bass, several parts of the song feel a bit repetitive, despite not being so.

Noisysundae responds:

Thanks for the review. I know I'm not so good at making a unique bass.

Bats Bats

You should make the vocals a bit louder. It feels like the rest of the song is walking all over them.

Geoplex - Windborn Geoplex - Windborn

It's really the second half of this piece that makes it a cinematic piece, to be honest. Otherwise, I'd probably put this in Classical. Fairly well-done, and a bit more varied than your other orchestral piece.

Geoplex responds:

Cheers man. It is a bit longer, so that makes sense :p

Geoplex - Eminence Geoplex - Eminence

Feels like it repeats the same melody a bit much throughout the track, but very good for a first orchestral track. Wonderful job!

Geoplex responds:

Thanks

-Can't Sleep- -Can't Sleep-

This track reminds me of a few of your previous tracks from years ago in that it shares a similar style. Sure, it's more ambient, rather than the more cinematic-based style from then, but still gives a similar vibe, I think.

Spaze - Dreams Spaze - Dreams

This track is rather nice, but the ending kind of lets me down.

SpazeUnofficial responds:

naw :(
i guess u wanted the "infamous spaze typical melodic dubstep" kinda drop :P
next time, bro!

By Your Side By Your Side

I can tell how far you went out of your comfort zone by a bit, I think. The first part could be mixed better, but when it changes at about 1/4 of the way in, the way you've done most of the rest of the song is very smooth. As far as variation goes, the variation throughout the song is VERY well-done. For the 2nd melodies, I think a bit more noticeable variation could be done there, but otherwise the variation is excellent. The percussion is well-mixed for most of the song, but I still think it could use some fine-tuning in some parts, primarily at the beginning. The baseline is well-varied throughout the song, and gives it a nice, calming atmosphere. I'm pretty sure I hear some relaxed sidechaining throughout the song, which is just enough to be noticeable, but not overly prominent. Lastly, you used the reverb on very nearly everything, if not everything. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, and you used the reverb well, and didn't overuse it, but do be wary of overusing it in the future.

I said I would be holding you to a higher standard, and aside from the very minor details, this track completely fulfilled those expectations. Congratulations, and I look forwards to your next track.

SirHadoken responds:

Thank you so much!
I was really looking forward to your review on this song specifically, and I must say this did surprise me. There's a lot of mixing and mastering issues where I could've tuned things up, especially in the beginning (which was the emotionless screw-around part), I definitely agree there. I'll try to keep things a bit easier in the future.
Thank you for the immensely positive review. I hope I can continue to meet those standards in the future :D

OpenLight - Perseverance (SirHadoken Cover) OpenLight - Perseverance (SirHadoken Cover)

The baseline strange was a bit strange. Your instruments' qualities are a bit all over, and don't don't really go together well. The effects sound ok, but you're not using any background sounds to set the feel for the track properly from what I can tell. This is definitely a step down from your last two songs in quality, but a step up in effects. As a side note, I'm going to start holding you to a higher standard than I was, since you've improved quite a bit since I started reviewing your tracks.

SirHadoken responds:

I couldn't agree more, I was really proud of myself for the composition aspect of it, but I find it hard the composition I want without the quality being a bit askew. From what I've heard, it most likely has to do with mastering, but I don't even kniw what that is, let alone how to do it. I'll try to figure it out at some point. I'm definitely okay with you raising your standards, as the struggle would stop if you didn't. The fact that you did raise your standards, however, is definitely a motivational milestone for me. Thank you for staying and reviewing after all this time! Every time I upload a song, I'm always eager as to what your review will say :p

Searching My Life Searching My Life

Both of the versions are amazing, and just listening to them makes me want to play the game they're for. Speaking of games, you've potentially introduced me to two I've not heard of before. Thanks. :)

Getting started Getting started

Damn, that's smooth, and catchy. I'd love to hear this style, but closer to the speed of slipstream.